Northern Adelaide Senior College (NASC) offers students a chance to complete their South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE) through a variety of Stage 1 and 2 subjects and nationally accredited Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses.
Established in 1989 as Para West Adult Campus (PWAC) and renamed to Northern Adelaide Senior College (NASC) in 2015, the school offers adults living north of Adelaide quality curriculum options and extra support to complete their South Australian Certificate of Education (SACE).
For 30 years we have assisted thousands of adults to return to study and achieve their South Australian Certificate of Education alongside VET accredited qualifications.
Located in The Hub (former administration building within Elizabeth TAFE), Northern Adelaide Senior College provides a flexible learning environment offering students a choice to study full-time or part-time.
We’re committed to helping students plan for their future careers and many have made substantial contributions to the community through work, volunteering and pursuing University and TAFE studies.
Contact us to book a tour of the school or to make an appointment with one of our counsellors to discuss your future study plan.
NASC is part of the Northern Adelaide State Secondary Schools Alliance (NASSSA). This alliance connects us with 12 Department for Education secondary schools in the Northern Adelaide Region.
We endeavour to provide the best tailored study plan of Stage 1 and 2 subjects and VET courses suitable to your interests, chosen career pathway or future study goals.
At NASC our mission is to: encourage individual achievement; engage our students in a safe, connected community; provide opportunities for growth and innovation; and to celebrate and respect diversity and difference.
To understand our current work and the future direction for Northern Adelaide Senior College, refer to our:
- Annual Report (PDF)
- School Context Statement (PDF)
- Site Improvement Plan (PDF)
- Career Development Purpose Statement (PDF)
- External School Review Report (PDF)
View all school policies.
At Northern Adelaide Senior College we have adopted the Berry Street Education Model (BSEM). This provides practical, classroom-based strategies to increase the engagement of all students, including those with complex, unmet learning needs.
We hope to support students’ self-regulation, relationships and wellbeing to increase their engagement and significantly improve their academic achievement.
At NASC we are:
- Inclusive – At NASC we promote inclusivity through its diverse and adaptable curriculum, catering to students with various learning styles, abilities, and backgrounds.
- Flexible – We offer flexible learning options with personalised timetables, accommodating students’ diverse needs and enabling them to balance their education with other commitments.
- Supportive – We provide a supportive environment through dedicated counselling services, mentoring programs, and a strong teacher-student rapport, fostering emotional wellbeing and academic growth.
- Diverse – We embrace cultural diversity, encouraging inclusivity and celebrating differences.
- Committed to Achievement – We are committed to academic excellence, offering programs and activities that empower students to achieve their full potential and excel in their chosen fields of study.
Northern Adelaide Senior College was fully refurbished in 2015 and continues to upgrade facilities and support for students as technology and study requirements change.
Facilities available to students include:
- leading-edge IT facilities, including an iMac suite and laptop trolleys
- science laboratory
- modern library with access to laptops and iPads
- friendly library staff to assist with researching and finding books and using IT
- open, comfortable breakout spaces throughout the school for individual or group study sessions, lunchtime or simply relaxing between classes
- rooftop terrace for lunchtime and special events
- free parking
- crèche facilities.
View all school facilities.
Student email and Daymap
Daymap contains important information for students such as timetables and lesson information. Students also have a direct connection to their teachers and course content. Daymap can be accessed from any device with internet connection, making it easier to study from home or away from the school.
Visit school apps to learn more about Daymap.
"It’s a very peaceful environment at NASC with lots of help. We have focused support from the teachers and I think this school is better because all the options that we're offered here are better than other schools. We’re lucky because you don’t get that support anywhere else."